You case you haven't heard....THE GAME CHANGER has a murderous cult leader as one of the principle players. In the novel, this character displays many traits of narcissism, which makes this quiz a little interesting by way of finding out how narcissistic you are.....
EVALUATE YOURSELF.....using numbers 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5, based on 'does not apply at all' = 1 to 'applies strongly' = 5
1. I can be completely absorbed in thinking about my personal affairs, my health and my relationship with others.
2. My feelings are easily hurt by the slighting remarks of others.
3. When I enter a room I often become self-conscious and feel like everyone is looking at me.
4. I don't like sharing the credit of achievement with others.
5. I feel like I have enough on my hands without worrying about other people's problems.
6. I feel that I am different from most people.
7. I often interpret the critical remarks of others in a personal way.
8. I easily become wrapped up in my own interests and forget the existence of others.
9. I dislike being with a group unless I know that I am appreciated by at least one of those present.
10. I am secretly annoyed when other people come to me with their troubles and ask for sympathy.
11.I am jealous of good looking people.
12. I tend to feel humiliated when criticised.
13. I wonder why other people aren't more appreciative of my talents and good qualities.
14. I see other people as being great or terrible.
15. I sometimes have fantasies about being violent without knowing why.
16. I am especially sensitive to success and failure.
17. Other people don't seem to understand my problems.
18. I try to avoid rejection at all costs.
19. I think my secret thoughts, feelings and actions would horrify some of my friends.
20. I tend to become involved in relationships in which I alternately adore and despise the other person.
21. Even when I am in a group of friends, I often feel alone and uneasy.
22.I resent others who have what I lack.
23. Defeat or disappointment usually shame or anger me, but I try not to show it.
REMEMBER, THIS IS FOR FUN......IF YOU GET A HIGH SCORE, IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU WILL TURN INTO A MURDEROUS CULT LEADER!!
NOW, ADD UP YOUR POINTS...
<50 = low level of covert narcissism
50 - 80 = medium level of covert narcissism
>80 = high level of covert narcissism
ABOUT THE TEST (from The Test Book below)
The Narcissism questionnaire by Henry Murray from 1938 was updated in 2013 by a team of psychologists lead by Jonathan Cheek, to make it easier to identify covert narcissists.
The Test Book by Mikael Krogerus and Roman Tschappeler
"Don't be shocked if you get a high score in this test. Many studies suggest that we are living in a narcissistic age "