How Times Have Changed!
So seeing as how Father's Day will be soon upon us, I figured it might be good to link the theme with that difficult question which consumes us at this time of year - WHAT DOES DAD WANT?'
With this in mind, and being a very helpful kind of sock/girl, I decided to check out the top 10 in the list of pressies for good old Dad, and here's what I came up with.
1. Accessories - Hankies/Socks/Gloves/Shirts & JUMPERS!
2. Food/Drink - Chocolates/Wine/Beer.
3. Tools - What man can resist?
4. Hobby Supplies - Golf/Fishing etc.
5. Sports Stuff - Kit bags, tennis rackets, blah, blah, blah.
6. Electronics - A Satellite Navigationw which he can ignore.
7. Motor add-ons - You know, mini vacuum cleaners & the like!
8. Media - Books, Music, DVD's.
9. Outdoors or Summer Items - Hammocks, BBQ, Lawnmower!
10.Time - Doesn't cost anything but itself, but he will probably expect a pressie too!
As Accessories are No.1, and with jumpers being an accessory, it
brings us neatly to the first 'How Times Have Changed' advertisement from the 1950's!
Read and enjoy!(For those of you who find reading the small print a chore, it goes something like this)
Indoors, women are useful, even pleasant, but on a mountain, they are something of a drag! So don't go having them up a cliff just to show off your new jumper!
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!